3.31.2009

freezer-paper stencil crafts.

I'd been wanting to try these little guys for a while now, and what better reason than to create something special for our new little nephew?

There are a thousand tutorials on-line, so I won't be redundant by giving you my 'how-to'. You can find a good lesson on their site. Crafty-alumni talk about how 'easy' they are. And, yes, maybe to the more experienced...but, to me, they seem 'easy' to mess up. With practice, though, I think I'll be able to do them even better. I have lots of clips and graphics that I plan to use to create more things...newborn onesies aren't the limit, I have my eyes on pretty much anything cotton. There's a great flickr site where people can share other templates.

I used acrylic paint {it says you can}, mainly because of the affordability and variety of colors. I'm not certain I can mix what I want from just red, blue, and yellow fabric paint.
...and don't try and peek, wait until the paint dries overnight!
Teresa recommended 'setting' the paint by draping a hankerchief over the image, and splashing it with white vinegar, and then ironing it lightly.

I'll be sure to share some of the other clips I have up my sleeve... cute little birdies, cherry blossoms, a 'beard' die-cut for Aaron...and about 3-4 designs that all just say 'Logan'. Let me know if you give it a try!

1 comments:

Liz Brack said...

I'm so impressed! I'm saving this site. Waiting to find out what our newby is, and then I'll be painting away!!!!